We at MaineStream Finance, a 20-year old, mission-driven nonprofit community development lender and part of the Penquis CAP family, are open for business to help your Maine business. We are staying in touch with officials at the Maine Department of Economic Development (DECD), Finance Authority of Maine (FAME), and Small Business Administration (SBA) as well as local officials in towns and cities and your local chambers of commerce. Below are resources and contacts for you to get through this difficult time. When there is an update or new resources available, we will update it here.
If you would like a MaineStream Finance business advisor to contact you for 1:1 support, please fill out this intake form.
Here are our top links to News and Tools for Small Business Topics. We have much, much more below on business news, banking & loans, donations, employment law/HR, local chambers and town responses, disaster recovery, taxes, industry-specific resources (e.g. farming), and work from home tools.
Financial Assistance (see more under 1) Banking 2) Donations 3) Industry-specific – Trade Association Resources, 4) Self-Employed and 5) Local Towns and Chambers Responses sections below)
- SBA COVID-19: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources for PPP and EIDL programs (pending re-opening)
- USDA Corona Virus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) – for farmers
- Business & Industry Loan Program (all business types)
- Maine Department of Labor – Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Page for the self-employed (Opens Friday, May 1)
- Local Relief for Maine Small Businesses (Maine SBDC)
Re-opening Resources (see more below under 1) DECD/State of Maine and 2) Re-opening, and 3) Industry-specific – Trade Association Resources sections below)
- Governor Mills Presents Safe, Gradual Plan to Restart Maine’s Economy (Apr 28 with updates)
- MAINE HOSPITALITY, TOURISM & RETAIL RECOVERY PLAN & Chart – Hopsitality Maine (early June)
- COVID-19 Recovery Toolkit – Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce and Greater Bangor Visitors Bureau (issued June 5)
- Back to Business Maine toolkit – Portland Chamber (issued May 22)
General Resources/News (see more below under 1) Small Business Highlights and 2) General Business Resources and News)
- Maine DECD resources for Maine Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 and Maine Resource Compass
- MaineBiz Website
- National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB) Small Business Optimism Index – May 2020
- Interest in Starting and Closing a Business: Google Searches in the COVID-19 Context – Kauffman Fn – June 3
- Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce (BRCC) – weekly updates on legal issues, new legislation, re-opening, etc – usually Monday afternoons.